Help Out & Workout with Marin County Parks and Oliveyah Fitness
I am excited to announce the new VOLUNTEER: Program with Oliveyah Fitness. In an effort to connect with our community and make it a better place Oliveyah Fitness is partnering with volunteer organizations in the area to support people in need and environmental concerns. Come join me for our first event on March 23rd. We will be doing a creek side clean-up followed by an afternoon workout.
Corte Madera Creek Clean-up
Hal Brown Park at Creekside, Larkspur | Sunday March 23rd 10am-12pm
Oliveyah Fitness is partnering with the Marin County Parks and Open Space Volunteer Program. The tidal wetland plants that grow along Corte Madera Creek support resident and migratory bird populations, but they also catch a lot of plastic bags and other litter that has entered the watershed. We will walk the flat shoreline area of the creek during low tide to maximize our clean-up effort. Your help will make a great difference in protecting the marine environment of San Francisco Bay! Marin County Parks' staff will provide clean-up supplies and snacks. Volunteers of all ages are encouraged to attend!
Oliveyah Fitness | Free Outdoor Workout 12:15pm - 1:15pm
I will be leading a workout at the park after the clean-up. This workout is designed to keep you motivated and engaged with exercises, drills and activities that help you tone and strengthen your body while increasing your cardio fitness and overall conditioning. All fitness levels are welcome and will be supported throughout the program.
Know Before You Go
- Please feel free to invite your friends and family. Kids are welcome with parent supervision to both the clean up and workout.
- Clean- up Volunteers: Dress in layers, wear sturdy shoes, and bring a re-usable water bottle. Rubber boots can be helpful but are not essential. Workout with Oliveyah: Please bring workout shoes and clothing to change into.
- Snacks will be provided but please bring your own food if you have specific dietary restrictions.
- Meeting Place: Meet across from Marin General Hospital at Hal Brown Park (at the pedestrian bridge near the bike path).
- You are more than welcome to join in just for the workout or clean up.
RSVP by responding to this post with the amount of people you will be brining with you or by contacting me directly.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Have other volunteer idea? Please feel free to post them below.